Published 7:03 a.m. ET Dec. 20, 2019
It’s Week 16, but before we dig into actual, legitimate NFL analysis we answer the Star Wars-related football question you never knew you needed the answer to.
- Jarrett Bell revealed his picks for the NFL’s best of this decade.
- The Week 16 picks are in! Who wins the big NFC East showdown?
- Which NFL figures are under the most pressure in Week 16. Let’s start with a QB that still has a shot at the playoffs.
- Pro Bowl rosters were announced this week. Who were the biggest snubs?
- As always, we’re here to help you set that fantasy football lineup.
Now for a closer look at the action:
Week 16’s best and brightest
- Game of the Week:Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles — This sets up as a de facto NFC East title game for a division that two weeks ago seemingly no team wanted to win.
- Playoff Picture Game of the Week:Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings — The Packers visit a building that they have yet to win in.
- Sneaky-Good Game of the Week:Houston Texans at Tampa Bay Buccaneers — The Texans need a win to clinch the AFC South, but the Buccaneers have been red-hot of late, winning four straight.
- Draft Order Game of the Week:Cincinnati Bengals at Miami Dolphins — Not too long ago, this matchup seemed like it would determine who owned the No. 1 overall pick. Then, the Dolphins reeled off three wins in a month’s time.
- Dud of the Week:New York Giants at Washington Redskins — Rookie QBs Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins likely will square off for the second time. The first time? It was ugly.
Week 16 essentials: Picks and more
- Week 16 picks: USA TODAY Sports’ panel of experts makes prognostications for every NFL game this weekend.
- Lorenzo’s locks: Listen up as Lorenzo Reyes makes his picks against the spread for some of the biggest games of Week 16.
- Playoff picture: The NFC features a promising race for home-field advantage in the season’s final two weeks.
- NFL’s all-decade team: Tom Brady was the clear choice at quarterback, but several other positions presented difficult decisions, writes Jarrett Bell.
- Which NFL figures face most pressure this week? As the playoffs loom, several players, coaches and teams are facing mounting pressure to deliver on sizable expectations, writes Mike Jones.
- Pro Bowl rosters announced: The AFC and NFC rosters for the Pro Bowl were announced this week. As usual, there were deserving players who weren’t chosen.
- Eagles have an Ezekiel Elliott problem: The Eagles have a bigger issue to worry about for Sunday’s NFC East showdown with the Cowboys than Dak Prescott’s status, writes Jori Epstein.
- Revenge-minded Lamar Jackson poses problem for Browns: The Ravens’ last loss came against the Browns in Week 4, but plenty has changed since that meeting between AFC North rivals.
- NFL is behind the times on marijuana restriction: As other leagues continue to display more progressive approaches toward marijuana, the NFL appears to be stuck in its ways, writes Jarrett Bell.
- Did Lions make mistake in keeping GM, coach? The Lions’ decision to retain coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn is just another sign that the Ford family doesn’t understand anything, writes Jeff Seidel.
- 2020 NFL draft first-round order: If the season ended today, the Bengals would be on the clock. Here are the top 32 players for the draft, according to the Internet.
- Power rankings: See how each team stands entering Week 16. A trio of NFC teams trail the top-ranked Ravens.
- Weekly Pulse on YouTube: Stay up-to-date on the latest hot-button NFL topics, such as tips that could lead to fantasy football championship glory.
Fantasy football: Get your lineup right
If you’re fortunate enough to have advanced in your league’s fantasy football championship, we’re here to help you win that ultimate prize.
- Fantasy rankings for Week 16: For your convenience, these position-by-position rankings were updated for this week’s collection of games.
- Who should you keep or cut: It’s championship week, so pay close attention to this valuable advice.
- Studs, duds and sleepers: Here we examine players with good Week 16 matchups (Jameis Winston), bad matchups (Josh Allen) and non-stars you might want to consider starting (Philip Rivers).
Week 16 schedule
(All times Eastern)
As the NFL celebrates its 100th season, we are unveiling our all-time 100 lists:
- 100 greatest players ever: Reporters from across the USA TODAY Sports Network compiled a list ranking the greatest NFL players of all time.
- Greatest players ever for every team: The USA TODAY Sports Network unveils the best players for each NFL team.
- 100 greatest teams in league history: 2013 Seattle Seahawks. 1994 San Francisco 49ers. 1975 Pittsburgh Steelers. 1949 Philadelphia Eagles. 1929 Green Bay Packers. Which is the greatest ever?
- 100 worst teams in league history: 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 2008 Detroit Lions. 2017 Cleveland Browns. 1944 Card-Pitt. 1920 Muncie Flyers. Which team set the all-time low?
- Greatest players ever by jersey number: From No. 00 Jim Otto to No. 99 J.J. Watt, these are the best players at 100 different uniform numbers.
- Greatest players from HBCU programs: The HBCU schools have a storied history and have produced many Pro Football Hall of Famers. These are the 100 greatest NFL players from HBCU programs.
- 100 biggest draft busts ever: The NFL draft has an extensive history of top picks who would only be remembered as busts.
- NFL’s best and worst uniforms ever: Throughout the NFL’s history, there have been some fantastic uniforms, and there are some that have been widely scorned.
- The best NFL broadcasters of all time: From John Madden to Joe Buck, here are the 50 greatest NFL broadcasters.
NFL Facebook group: Join now!
If you love talking football (and, who doesn’t?), we have the perfect place for you. Join our Facebook Group, The Ruling Off the Field, to engage in friendly debate and conversation with our NFL insiders and other football enthusiasts just like you.
Enjoy the football, sports fans!
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Contribute To MediaWatch.WebsiteTell Us What You Want!
Subscribe to the MediaWatch.Website newsletter
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe